The number one problem in your lawn will be broadleaf weed problems. These invaders will leave you frustrated. The number one reason you cannot control these broadleaf weeds is because you did not take the right preparation. Many homeowners will get frustrated with their lawn and then want to take action. The best thing you can do is treat your lawn consistently with a lawn care program before these invaders come into your lawn.
What are the reasons broadleaf weeds will appear?
- Weather conditions: Drought will weaken a lawn. Understanding that weather conditions play an important role in the performance of your lawn you will need to take action and make sure your lawn has proper irrigation.
- Heavy traffic areas were the lawn becomes worn down is also vulnerable to the beginning of a weed problem.
You will need to take the right steps to battle broadleaf weeds. Taking precautions by steps that will help prevent weeds from being able to get a stronghold in your lawn. But what can you do?
- Adjusting the height that you mow your lawn to higher settings. This will help keep the roots and soil of the grass plants that make up the lawn shaded from the heat and moisture evaporation properties of the sun.
- Watering your lawn deeply and infrequently (instead of frequent shallow watering which favours weed growth) plant.
- Fertilize your lawn. Getting on 6 step fertilization program based off a PH test will help control your weed problems.
When it comes to Lawn Care Problems and Weeds the answer lies in taking a good defensive approach to maintaining your lawn. Proper lawn care practices will ultimately help you battle these invasive weeds!