Lawn care can be done in different ways and in different seasons. Lawn care is more important in certain seasons than others. Some form of lawn care have better results than other methods. Organic lawn care is the best. Always seek the professional opinion of a landscaper.
As a general rule of thumb, here are some lawn care tips to keep close to heart:
- ORGANIC LAWN CARE
If you love your lawn, you should know organic lawn care is the future and the most advisable way to care for your lawn. However, if you are not sure of what to do, here are a couple of tips for you:
- Never ever, mow when the lawn is wet. It leads to an uneven cut.
- Always utilize an organic, slow-release fertilizer to nourish your lawn and the soil.
- Corn gluten meal is natures weed and feed! It stops weed seeds from sprouting. Grasses also benefit by adding valuable nitrogen to the earth.
- The best of soils will suffer if you apply chemical lawn fertilizers. It can destroy soil microbes, repel earthworms, and ruin soil structure.
- ORGANIC LAWN FERTILIZER PROGRAM
Lawn fertilizer is needed for a beautiful lawn. There is no escaping that. Tips to keep to heart when designing a lawn fertilizer program:
- When choosing a lawn fertilizer, make sure it is always an organic fertilizer.
- It is important to know the quantity of organic fertilizer to apply over the growing season. Too much fertilizer can attract insect and cause diseases. Too little can hinder photosynthesis.
- Know the type of grasses you have in your lawn: cool season grasses or warm season greases.
- Cool season grasses break dormancy in early spring and start swift growth in fall.
- Warm season grasses break dormancy in late spring; attain their peak in mid-summer.
- Consult with a landscaper to determine what suits your lawn and develop an organic fertilizer program.
- WHY IS ORGANIC LAWN PROGRAM IMPORTANT?
Synthetic fertilizers are toxic to earthworms and soil microbes. In the same vein, it is bad for humans. Chemicals like Organophosphates are dangerous to the soil, insects, humans and the environment. This is why you should go organic. It is healthy and bodes well for the ecosystem.
- LAWN TREATING IN FALL IS IMPORTANT
The best season to give your lawn care, attention and love is fall. Do not miss this season to pamper your lawn. A couple of tips to remember:
- Fall is the perfect season to aerate the lawn. It allows oxygen, water, and fertilizer to reach the grass’s roots.
- Clear dried up leaves. This allows light and moisture to reach your lawn.
- The steps above has to be done consistently and at the right time for best results. Else, it is a futile effort.
- PREPARING FOR SPRING
How do I prepare my lawn for spring? Do not worry it is not as daunting as it seems. Just follow these tips and strategies and you are good to go:
- Clear the leaves, twigs and other debris that have gathered over the winter.
- Use pre-emergent and fertilizer. Apply fertilizer in early spring – it helps feed your grass. Pre-emergent helps prevent the growth of crab grass.
- Seed in the fall.