Environmental Benefits of Managed Landscapes
- Natural Coolants – Grass is much cooler than asphalt or cement. It acts as an “air conditioner” for the surrounding area. In fact, lawns can be 31 degrees cooler than asphalt and 20 degrees cooler than bare soil. Trees shading homes can reduce attic temperatures by as much as 40 degrees.
- Environmental Cleaners – Grass plays a vital role in capturing dust, smoke particles and other pollutants, and it produces oxygen.
- Water Protectors – Healthy lawns absorb unhealthy runoff that might otherwise filter into bodies of water.
- Air Cleaners – Grasses absorb carbon dioxide and break it down into oxygen and carbon. In fact, a 50’x50’ lawn produces enough oxygen for a family of four.
- Noise Minimizers – Lawns and plants dramatically reduce noise pollution; they can reduce noise levels by 20 percent to 30 percent over hard surfaces like concrete and pavement.
Call your nearby landscaper today!
JD ORGANIC LANDSCAPE
(Where do we cover Lawn care and landscaping? We provide landscaping and lawn service to Scotch Plains, Westfield, and Fanwood)